I Started an Etsy Shop - GreenLeafExchange

In my post How to Thrift/Secondhand Shop on Etsy, I talked about how Etsy is kind of making way for people to start their own little thrift shops and can be a sustainable and safe way to secondhand shop during the pandemic. My research into Etsy, secondhand selling, and the shops that are currently doing this really inspired me to make one of my own.


As you can tell by the title, I started a little Etsy shop called the GreenLeafExchange. I started the shop as a way to sell some of my digital art prints, but I've expanded it as a way for me to sell some clothing pieces and other things secondhand. I currently don't have a ton of stuff on there, but I just thought it could be a great way to make some money on the side from this blog, and also help me do my part in reducing clothing waste.


Usually, I would donate my clothes to a thrift store or women's shelter, but only around 20% of clothing items that are donated actually get put into shops. The other 80% is either sent to landfills anyways or incinerated.


This was just my way of giving my possessions a second life and making sure they are going to homes that want them.


Recent Posts

See All